Wednesday, January 20, 2016

All aboard! The train has left the station.

Baby #3 has decided it is time. Contractions started at 7:30 this morning after some other clear indications labor was underway. I have been timing them since and they average about 4-5 minutes apart, a bit longer if I am sitting down and resting but bump up to 2-3 minutes apart if I am up walking around.

I told Ben it was probably happening today after all these signs so we finished getting the kids ready for daycare and he drove them in. Since contractions weren't painful and I have had so much false labor, I sent him to work and go about his day like normal, and so did I. I was working from home from about 8am but by about 10am, the intensity of contractions had really kicked up so I told him to make his way back. Figured we still had cows to feed and a few other things to get in order so might as well do it before I am screaming at him to hurry up.

He got home about 10:30 and went about chores while I talked with my boss and handed over the remainder of any projects I still had going on. When Ben got into the house, I told him I wanted the toilets cleaned before we left since M&D may come over while we are still in the hospital. :) Mom- news sheets on our bed for you, house is vacuumed, dishes done and toilets clean!

We left home just after 11am, and arrived to the hospital around noon. Got checked in and head upstairs. Unfortunately my doctor is not on call today- but is on call tomorrow starting at 8am. Baby- don't you dare wait that long! The OB nurse that is/was checking us in is a bit older and oh so dry. Ben and I hope that she livens up a bit before the real action or she is going to drive me crazy! That, or a shift change......

As we speak, we are hooked up to monitors, contracting 3-5 minutes apart (moderately painful but I can still handle them) and waiting for the doctor to come check progress. A headache and some nausea has kicked in as well. Boo.

Keep watch- maybe this baby Mrdutt will move faster than the others!

~Katie~


4 comments:

  1. So exciting! It sounds like I found out just before this blog post, which I must say, is not acceptable. I expected to be like #3, maaaaaaybe #4. All joking aside, I hope baby comes quick and moderately painless. Keep the updates coming, you know we get anxious if it gets too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you all! Praying for a easy labor and healthy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And so it begins.....Good Luck wishing everyone well....and easy....and short....
    DL

    ReplyDelete